Saturday, June 28, 2008

MARK THE CALENDAR

Melqui has been on the gfcf diet for 2wks and 3 days now and I must say, I have been a little discouraged these past few days because its been hard getting gfcf food ideas for Melqui to eat. I'll find a gfcf food one day and he will eat it up, but then when I try to give it to him the next day, he won't touch it!! very frustrating! but I guess it's all part of him being a toddle and a picky eater. Well this morning changed my view....get ready to mark your calendars....ok here it goes.. this morning Melqui had his very first....very formed.....and solid.....POOP!!!!!!! It's sounds crazy, I know, but if you have a child with ASD you will know that these children have diarrhea like poops for years until they start the diet. Melqui is almost 3 and he ALWAYS had mushy and lumpy poop. So it's a HUGE thing when it changes for the better. It becomes your daily topic.. like--how's the poop today?.... Me and my husband truly believe, and so does our DAN doctor, that Melqui has big gut issues, simply because of the constant diarrhea and diaper rashes that are yeast issues. So solid poop means we are going in the right direction, and that makes you feel reassured that you are doing the right thing for your child. You Go Melqui, and Keep Pooping!!

No comments: