Thursday, June 12, 2008

Yesterday was a good day

GFCF DIET
I started the diet yesterday. I found Ian's french toast stix in the local health food store and some gfcf chicken hot dogs and Amy's gfcf pizza (spinach) and well I gave Melqui the stix for breakfast...and... he ate them, like 5 pieces. He just holds the french toast stix in his hand and just eats it. Then for lunch I made him 2 gfcf hot dogs (w/ no bun) and he ate it up. ( i learned that these hot dogs can't be microwaved, they get stiff.. they are BEST boiled, and taste really good) and I made the pizza for my other kids (who are not autistic, im just trying to get the family to eat gfcf) and told them that the spinach was actually food coloring for the sauce and down the hatch it went, I couldnt believe it! For dinner I made homemade chicken nuggets with sweet potato fries and the nuggets were a hit for my kids and the fries were a hit for me! Melqui didnt eat none of it so I made him another hot dog and he ate that.. you see before the diet Melqui would only eat bread, peanut butter, fries, hot dogs and pizza ( but as a baby he would eat everything in sight until he turned about 1 1/2 y.o.) so I took what he would eat and made it GFCF so I hope eventually he will start to try more new foods.. and hopefully the family can join in as I get more recipes to do at home.. I am going to try a gfcf pancake recipe I found online tomorrow and some gfcf chocolate chip cookies i bought to make. I also found a nearby bakery that is GFCF! I am SO EXCITED, I can't wait to try their goodies!

No comments: