Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Today's progress

Today was Melqui's first DAN (defeating autism now) appt. My old pediatrician, who I was so sad when she moved, is a DAN doctor and I was so excited I booked an appt quickly. This appt is costly but worth it when you find a GREAT doctor! We are going to start on the gut issues and yeast, which I was informed should be the first thing you start so everything else could fall into place. It's hard though because everything we are doing is out of pocket cost, no insurance company excepts it. So we have a lot of saving up to do. But overall I am very pleased..its going to be a long journey, you have to have a lot of patience, but I know the out come will all be worth it!

Today's surprise
I had left Melqui at his grandma's house and me and my husband ran some errands.. wait first thing- Mequi never liked being left at someones house but now I notice when we go to grandma's he wants to be the first one out the car to go inside, its like now he understands we will be back to pick him up.. so this morning when we took my other kids to grandma's he got upset that he wasn't going in (we had the appt to take him to) and he got a little bothered looking at his siblings go without him, but then he was ok... but that was such a huge accomplishment for him! ok back to the errands..when we came back to pick up the kids, I took Marcus, Elisabeth and Melqui and headed to the car. I left the baby in the car seat so my husband could bring her for me. Well Melqui noticed I didnt bring her with me so he kept sort of whinning... at first I didnt understand why, but then he went back in the house and attempted to push the car seat to me... HE DIDN"T WANT ME TO LEAVE HER! I was like WOW he's caring for her!!! It was such a beautiful moment!!! I'm so proud of him!

No comments: