Friday, June 13, 2008

Thank You God, He ate the bread!

The Bread Moment
Well yesterday I repeated breakfast and lunch for Melqui as the day before. And he ate most of it. But the BEST part of it all was around 7pm last night, when he wanted a peanut butter sandwich. I had some gfcf EnerG Tapioca bread in the frige, so I toasted it, put peanut butter on one piece and tried my best to fold the slice without breaking it and it did pretty good. He did cry a little but I left it on the table and then he came to it by himself, picked it up..and.......HE ATE IT! I was so happy I felt like crying. I thought he would never like the gfcf bread. You see Melqui LOVES peanut butter sandwiches and I would take one slice of regular bread, put the peanut butter on it, and fold it in half..well since gfcf bread is so breakable he couldn't stand seeing it break in half, he would have a fit.. but thankfully he's ok now and I am so happy!

Speech Therapy
Yesterday we also went to speech therapy.. I tried a new therapist and it went GREAT..better than I could have imagined! He took such a strong liking to her. she knew exactly how to get his attention and keep him active in what she was trying to get him to do. It was wonderful. She even picked him up and he put his arms around her neck, I cound't believe it. So I am sticking with this one! Now today the Behavioral therapist is coming to my home to give Melqui his evaluation. His child developmental doctor referred me to this therapist that comes out to your home to give him therapy at home, where he is comfortable. I think it's awesome, especially since his insurance covers it.. but I think there are free programs that also do this for people.

So over all, yesterday was a really good day.. but since I started the diet I have been holding off on the Cod Liver Oil so that its not too much at the same time but I will put him back on probably in a couple more days. I ordered the Super-Nu-Thera w/o A & D vitamin and I should be receiving it next week. Everything is just flowing so well... Keep up the Prayers!

No comments: