Monday, June 16, 2008

A waffle moment

Today I decided to try to get Melqui to eat a waffle. Van's has this gfcf waffle that I tried before and he didn't like it. It's been abouta month so I bought it again to see if maybe now he would give it a try. We woke up late today so I know he was hungry. I toasted the waffle gave him the whole waffle in his hand and off he went.. he took a bite then spit it out, but I noticed that he held on to it. Usually he would bring it to me once he doesn't like something, so I thought, maybe he wants to give it a try so I waited and watched...about an hour and half later.... He takes it and eats it! He had drank about 2 bottles of milk in between, but he ate it. Another accomplishment!

Movie night
Last night for Father's Day we went to the movies. We haven't been to the movies in about a year. When Melqui was younger he wouldn't sit still during the movie and he would scream a lot. So we decided it was time to try it again. I packed up some Lay's chips, a pear, a gfcf hot dog and gfcf milk for Melqui in a bag and off we went. We saw Kung Fu Panda, that movie has so much action in it and its so LOUD that even if Melqui screamed you couldn't hear it. He ate popcorn (with no butter) and he did really well. I kept him in his stroller so I could get up easy just in case he acted up. But to my surprise it went well. Towards the end he got too excited and wanted out the stroller so I picked him up and took him to the side and watched the remainder of the movie there, but it was ok, he made some progress. I personally didn't get to see the WHOLE movie ( I had to keep making sure Melqui was kept with food or a drink) but I was okay with it. I don't want us to be isolated inside our home, so sometimes you make sacrifices so that everyone gets to have fun! Overall it was GREAT!

No comments: