Friday, June 20, 2008

Good day for therapy

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELISABETH!! WE LOVE YOU SWEETIE!! 6/19
(even though it already 12am and it now past)



Speech Therapy and OT therapy
When I went to speech today with Melqui at 11am and I had to take all my kids with me. I told the therapist to take him by herself so he wouldn't be distracted...and to my surprise, he did fairly well. she told me he hard time cleaning up but overall he did good. She told me she feels OT (occupational therapy) would be great for him to get right before his speech session, she feels he will get calmed with OT so that he can focus more with speech. Well I went home and the office called me that they had a space for OT evaluation at 3:30pm if i wanted it, I said ok and off we went. The OT therapist was really nice, and let Melqui be himself so he didn't get too upset just meeting her.. she basically just watched him and tried to think of different technics that might work for him.. we put him in the ball pin ad he loved it.. I learned that autistic children LOVE pressure on their bodies, its like the ball rolling on their bodies (or even a bean bag) feels like the puzzle of their bodies is being complete..almost like their bodies are full of pieces not put together and the balls all over them complete those gaps..get it? yea it took me awhile to understand, but it works! so all is well..

No comments: