Friday, June 13, 2008

Keeping up with dates

Melqui's Outline

September 10,2005

  • This is the day my beautiful little boy was born
  • The first year he completed ALL his milestones on time, if not earlier.

September 10,2006 (Approximately)

  • Melqui had his first evaluation with his pediatrician when he was about 1 y.o.

The pediatrician told me:

  1. He is too young to notice anything
  2. He is a boy and boys develope slower than girls
  3. and that he didn't believe it was any kind of "disorder"

About 1 1/2 years pass.......

February 4, 2008

  • Melqui was sent to a Ear,Nose and Throat doctor because he had HUGE tonsils (they told me his tonsils were +4) and I ALWAYS had a concern with his hearing so they checked it all.
  • Melqui had a hearing test that came back perfect
  • They told me that I should have his tonsils and adenoids removed (he snored BIG time and at times had difficulty breathing)
  • and while removing the tonsils they would check for fluid in his ears and if it was present they would insert tubes.

February 12, 2008

Day of surgery

  1. They removed tonsils
  2. They removed adenoids
  3. They found fluid in his ears and inserted tubes

April 2008

Melqui had his 2nd evaluation with his pediatrician (he was about 2 1/2 y.o.)

She referred us to a:

  1. Child Developmental Doctor
  2. Neurologist (this was for some discoloration on his skin)
  3. Speech Therapist-(he went in april to have evaluation)
  4. and to have blood work done

But before leaving the office they told me Melqui was behind on one shot and gave it to him.

May 6, 2008

Melqui was diagnosed by the child developmental doctor with PDD/NOS with Autistic features

Prescriptions he gave were:

  1. more blood work to do
  2. MRI
  3. EEG
  4. and EKG (the results came out perfect)

May 8, 2008

Neurologist appt.

The doctor said the discoloration wasn't a concern to him and told me he would also like the above prescriptions done.

May 10, 2008

I removed dairy. Melqui was a HUGE milk drinker so I knew this would benefit him. I didn't do perfectly but learned as I went.

May 15, 2008

I started Melqui on Cod Liver Oil (1 tsp per day)

The combination:

When I removed dairy and started cod liver oil within a couple of weeks I noticed better eye contact, more words being said, more aware of his surroundings and he wasn't off playing by himself, he started playing with his brother and sisters more.

May 28, 2008

Melqui started speech classes

All he did for 30 min. was hit the therapist (so you can imagine how that went).

June 2, 2008

EEG appt.

We didn't get to accomplish this one because, even though they gave him medicine to go to sleep, he just wouldn't go to sleep. so they sent me home.

June 10, 2008

MRI and blood work

This was hard for me. When they went to put him to sleep they called me back with him and I had to watch him struggle with a mask over his face and it just tore me up inside.. As soon as he fell asleep I started crying. But he came out ok,screaming but ok. The nurse that was with me was SO understanding and didn't make me stay, she told me "your his mom and you know whats best for him". She helped me pick up and off I went.

June 13,2008

Melqui is going to get an evaluation, at home, for Behavioral Therapy.

June 17, 2008

Melqui goes for his 1st DAN doctor appointment

June 25, 2008

Melqui is going for Physical Therapy evaluation

July 8, 2008

Melqui goes for Occupational Therapy evaluation

No comments: