Sunday, February 22, 2009

What a wonderful night

My mom had a get together at her house tonight and boy was I hesitant to go. When ever I get invited out the first thing that pops in my head is "oh my, how will Melqui be?". But I decided to go. And Miguel didn't even go with me! That was huge because usually I depend on his help! But I packed up food, movies, his blanket (which goes every where) and off we went, just me and the kids.

We got to my mom's and the I put on the movie in the back room where the other kids were, gave him his food and drink and he was great the whole time!! He was dancing, and singing. AND he was actually calling the other kids to join him!! He even grabbed one girl and kissed her on the cheek!! It's was so awesome!! Then a little girl was pretending to play the piano and called Melqui to sing with her, at first I was like "will he respond?" and within a few seconds he went next to her and played. I was so happy!! The cutest was when one of the kids were trying to talk to him and Melqui's big sister Elisabeth told the girl, "oh, He doesn't understand everything, but he's ok" I LOVE that he has such great support from his siblings..I pray it stays like that forever!

Melqui really impressed me tonight!! I love him so much!!!

No comments: