Friday, December 12, 2008

Great Update...A light at the end of the tunnel

Well after Melqui started Nystatin (Medicine prescribed for Yeast) we noticed that he started regressing. The very first day Melqui started this, that very night he was on HIGH speed. My husband and I actually felt bad for him because it seemed like he just couldn't control himself. Melqui just kept running back and forth and just couldn't stop. He was breathing hard and it seemed like his mind was racing faster than he was. I kept giving him the meds to see if things would improve but they only got worse.

After about a month and a half Melqui seemed to go back to square one. He just wasn't the same little guy who was improving so well. And his therapist were very concern cause they couldn't get not one decent session with him, and they started requesting that I see a doctor, but I knew what they ment they wanted me to put him on Prescription Meds for his hyperness and focus which is something I refuse for him. I'm getting Melqui better in a natural way, but I had to figure how to get him back to the way he was.

I went on to my Favorite Autism Forum and asked around. I was told to try Diflucan for the Yeast and so I did. I got the prescription immeditately, and within 2-3 days I had my baby back! He was playing with his brother and sisters more again, he was asking me for what he wanted or at least showing me what he wanted WITHOUT screaming for it! And the cutest thing was every time his little sister would fall and get hurt, he would go up to her-tap her head and say "It's O.K". And now he loves to grab your face and do Nosey (rub noses together).

But I have to say the BIGGEST WOW was on Tuesday,December 9, 2008 at around 8pm... I was outside and as I walked into my home...Melqui ran to me saying "Mama, Mama, Mama"..You could believe how fast I fell to my knees and hugged him so tight and then he said "Oooohhhh Mommy" in my ear!!!!!!!!!!! I Thanked God for that moment for it was AMAZING!!! Melqui has NEVER called me Mommy, so you could imagine how emotional I got hearing those words from him, it touched my heart in an unexplainable way!!! It's a memory that will be remembered FOREVER!!!!

No comments: